Ventura County Supervisors John Zaragoza and Steve Bennett are holding a public hearing on labor conditions in the fields in our community. Learn how existing labor protections for farmworkers are falling short and urge the Ventura County Supervisors to take action and pass a Farmworker Bill of Rights! The extreme overwork, wage theft, and heath and safety risks faced by far too many local farmworkers need to end now!
Common issues faced by farmworkers include:
- Stolen and unpaid wages
- Long hours without overtime pay
- Not being allowed time off for sickness, pregnacy, etc.
- Being injured without compensation or time off
- Lack of access to clean bathrooms and drinking water
- Sexual harrassment and assult
- Health problems from toxic pesticide exposure
Please come to stand in solidarity with the brave farmworkers speaking out against unfair working conditions and labor abuses.